Thursday 24 September 2009

Not Helping Myself Much


I guess I have a bit of the masochist in me after all. Not two days after deciding to set this blog up to help me through the pain of choosing a top 20 films of the decade list and I'm screwed. Not only do I have an abundance of films already in mind but now I've gone and watched three more that are potential top 20's, with another two lined up for later. Yes, idiot that I am I watched 'The Assassination Of Jesse James..' (see review in previous blog), 'No Country For Old Men (stupefyingly brilliant, even for the Coen's) and the dark, tragic 4months,3weeks and 2days, all of which I loved, all of which are vying for their place. And to top it up I have 'There Will Be Blood' and 'Meand You and Everyone We Know' set up for the next 24hours. This list is going to make me stay up late, stress me out and, worst of all, be an incredible nerd (dammit, The Incredibles) until the New Year strikes and now the element that controls self harm is taking over and I'm forcing myself to watch countless brilliant films, either for the first time or a repeat viewing in order to determine what films truly belong on the list. Sighs aplenty.
So two days in and I'm already resigned to the fact that I'm probably going to have to expand the list to 25 (maybe 30). I'm going to try my best not to because if it gets too long I'll cry for the rest of 2010 and then drown myself before the next list comes along. So I'll see if the films I've got lined up to watch are any good before committing myself. Maybe 'There Will Be Blood' won't strike any notes with me. As fucking if. Toodles.

Films Safely In The top 20:
Lost In Translation
This Is England
The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

Last Film I Watched:
No Country For Old Men

Next Film(s) To Watch:
There Will Be Blood and
Me and You and Everyone We Know

No comments:

Post a Comment